Firebird XNET denial of service
|firebird-xnet-dos (36353)||Medium Risk|
Firebird is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error when registering events in parallel with an XNET client. A local attacker on the adjacent network could exploit this vulnerability to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Firebird (2.0.2 or later), available from the SourceForge.net : Files Web site. See References.
- Firebird Bug Tracker CORE-1403: Server crashes if a few events are being registered simultaneously by the client connected via XNET.
- SourceForge.net: Files: Firebird - File Release Notes and Changelog - Release Name: 2.0.2-Release.
- BID-25497: Firebird Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-4665: Unspecified vulnerability in the server in Firebird before 2.0.2 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) via an XNET session that makes multiple simultaneous requests to register events, aka CORE-1403.
- DSA-1529: firebird -- multiple vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 37313: Firebird Server Crafted XNET Session Remote DoS
- SA26615: Firebird Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA29501: Debian firebird2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 1.0
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 1.0.2
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 1.5
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 220.127.116.1106
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 1.5.1
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 1.5.2
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 18.104.22.16831
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 22.214.171.12470
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 2.0.0
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 2.0.1
Aug 03, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.