Firebird MAX_PATH_LEN unspecified
|firebird-maxpathlen-unspecified (36359)||Medium Risk|
An unspecified vulnerability in Firebird related to the attach database and create database commands with overly large MAX_PATH_LEN values has an unknown impact and attack vector.
Upgrade to the latest version of Firebird (2.0.2 or later), available from the SourceForge.net : Files Web site. See References.
- SourceForge.net: Files: Firebird - File Release Notes and Changelog - Release Name: 2.0.2-Release.
- BID-25497: Firebird Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-4664: Unspecified vulnerability in the (1) attach database and (2) create database functionality in Firebird before 2.0.2, when a filename exceeds MAX_PATH_LEN, has unknown impact and attack vectors, aka CORE-1405.
- DSA-1529: firebird -- multiple vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 37314: Firebird attach / create Database Functions Unspecified Issue
- SA26615: Firebird Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA29501: Debian firebird2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 1.0
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 1.0.2
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 1.5
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 220.127.116.1106
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 1.5.1
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 1.5.2
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 18.104.22.16831
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 22.214.171.12470
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 2.0.0
- FirebirdSQL Firebird 2.0.1
Aug 30, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.