Joomla! administrator index.php file upload
|joomla-admin-index-file-upload (36424)||Medium Risk|
Joomla! could allow an authenticated remote attacker with administrator privileges to upload arbitrary files, caused by an error in the index.php script. By sending a specially-crafted request to the option parameter, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to upload arbitrary files to the /tmp directory.
Upgrade to the latest version of Joomla! (1.5 RC2 or later), available from the Joomla! Web site. See References.
- Joomla! Web site: Joomla! - Joomla! 1.5 RC2 Endeleo Released - Happy Birthday Joomla!.
- BID-25508: Joomla! 1.5 Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-4781: administrator/index.php in the installer component (com_installer) in Joomla! 1.5 Beta1, Beta2, and RC1 allows remote authenticated administrators to upload arbitrary files to tmp/ via the Upload Package File functionality, which is accessible when com_installer is the value of the option parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 45888: Joomla! Installer Component (com_installer) administrator/index.php Arbitrary File Upload
- Joomla! Joomla! 1.5.0 Beta1
- Joomla! Joomla! 1.5.0 RC1
- Joomla! Joomla! 1.5.0 Beta2
Sep 01, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.