Virtual DJ M3U buffer overflow
|virtualdj-m3u-bo (36430)||High Risk|
Virtual DJ is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted M3U file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of June 1, 2013.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [09-5-2010]: Virtual DJ Trial 6.1.2 SEH Buffer Overflow Crash Proof of Concept.
- Virtual DJ Web site: VIRTUAL DJ SOFTWARE - MP3 Mixing Software -.
- BID-25512: Virtual DJ '.m3u' File Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-25513: RETIRED: Virtual DJ M3U File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-4735: Buffer overflow in Next Generation Software Virtual DJ (VDJ) 5.0 allows user-assisted remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long file path in an m3u file.
- OSVDB ID: 40307: Virtual DJ (VDJ) M3U File Path Handling Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 54887: Virtual DJ M3U File Handling Overflow
- SA26665: Virtual DJ M3U Playlist Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SA35307: Virtual DJ Playlist Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3036: Virtual DJ M3U Playlist Processing Client-Side Code Execution Vulnerability
- Atomix Productions Virtual DJ 5.0
Sep 02, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.