AkkyWareHOUSE 7-zip32.dll ZIP buffer overflow
|akkywarehouse-zip-bo (36459)||High Risk|
AkkyWareHOUSE 7-zip32.dll is vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to view a specially-crafted ZIP file with an overly long filename, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of AkkyWareHOUSE 7-zip32.dll (4.42.00.04 or later), available from the AkkyWareHOUSE 7-zip32.dll Web site. See References.
- AkkyWareHOUSE 7-zip32.dll Web site: AkkyWareHOUSE.
- JVN#62868899: 7-ZIP32.DLL (AkkyWareHOUSE buffer overflow).
- BID-25545: AkkyWareHOUSE 7-zip32.dll Heap-Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-4725: Stack consumption vulnerability in AkkyWareHOUSE 7-zip32.dll before 4.42.00.04, as derived from Igor Pavlov 7-Zip before 4.53 beta, allows user-assisted remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long filename in an archive, leading to a heap-based buffer overflow.
- OSVDB ID: 40482: AkkyWareHOUSE 7-zip32.dll Archive Filename Handling Overflow
- SA26624: AkkyWareHOUSE 7-zip32.dll ZIP Archive Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3086: AkkyWareHOUSE 7-ZIP32 ZIP Archive Handling Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- AkkyWareHOUSE 7-zip32 prior to 4.42.00.04
Sep 05, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.