Ultra Crypto Component CryptoX.dll ActiveX control file overwrite
|ultracrypto-cryptox-file-overwrite (36522)||Medium Risk|
The Ultra Crypto Component ActiveX control (CryptoX.dll) could allow a remote attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the SaveToFile() function to overwrite and corrupt arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- Ultra Shareware Web site: Ultra Crypto Component.
- BID-25611: Ultra Crypto Component ActiveX Control SaveToFile Arbitrary File Overwrite Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-4902: Absolute path traversal vulnerability in a certain ActiveX control in CryptoX.dll 2.0 and earlier in the Ultra Crypto Component allows remote attackers to write to arbitrary files via a full pathname in the argument to the SaveToFile method.
- OSVDB ID: 38982: Ultra Crypto Component ActiveX (CryptoX.dll) SaveToFile Method Traversal Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SECTRACK ID: 1018675: Ultra Crypto Component ActiveX Control Lets Remote Users Write to Arbitrary Files
- Ultra Shareware Ultra Crypto Component ActiveX control 2.0 and prior
Sep 10, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.