KMPlayer AVI file denial of service
|kmplayer-avi-dos (36585)||Medium Risk|
KMPlayer is vulnerable to a denial of service. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted AVI file, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to consume all available resources, resulting in a denial of service.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- KMPlayer Web site: KMPlayer.
- Vulnhunt Web site: Advisory CAL-20070912-1: Multiple vendor produce handling AVI file vulnerabilities.
- BID-25651: KMPlayer Multiple Remote Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-4941: KMPlayer 188.8.131.520 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via a .avi file with certain large indx truck size and nEntriesInuse values.
- OSVDB ID: 45939: KMPlayer AVI File Handling DoS
- KMPlayer KMPlayer 184.108.40.2060
Sep 12, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this