Bugzilla offer_account_by_email() security bypass
|bugzilla-offeraccount-security-bypass (36692)||Medium Risk|
Bugzilla could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by a vulnerability in the offer_account_by_email() function. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using an improperly checked createemailregexp parameter to bypass security restrictions and create user accounts.
Refer to the Bugzilla Web site for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Bugzilla Web site: 3.0.1 and 3.1.1 Security Advisory.
- BID-25725: Bugzilla User.PM Unauthorized Account Creation Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-5038: The offer_account_by_email function in User.pm in the WebService for Bugzilla before 3.0.2, and 3.1.x before 3.1.2, does not check the value of the createemailregexp parameter, which allows remote attackers to bypass intended restrictions on account creation.
- OSVDB ID: 37200: Bugzilla WebService/User.pm offer_account_by_email() Function createemailregexp Arbitrary Account Creation
- SA26848: Bugzilla "createemailregexp" Security Bypass Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1018719: Bugzilla WebService Lets Remote Users Create Accounts
- Mozilla Bugzilla 3.0.0
- Mozilla Bugzilla 3.0.1
- Mozilla Bugzilla 3.1.0
- Mozilla Bugzilla 3.1.1
Sep 18, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.