Freeside cust_bill_event.cgi cross-site scripting
|freeside-custbillevent-xss (36764)||Medium Risk|
Freeside is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the cust_bill_event.cgi script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the "failed" parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked.
Apply the hotfix for this vulnerability, available from the Freeside CVS Repository. See References.
- Freeside CVS Repository: FREESIDE_1_7_BRANCH.
- Freeside Web page: Freeside billing and trouble ticketing.
- UNSECURED SYSTEMS Tuesday, 25 September 2007: Freeside XSS vuln. .
- BID-25811: Freeside cust_bill_event.cgi Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-5088: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in search/cust_bill_event.cgi in Freeside 1.7.2 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the failed parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 37274: Freeside search/cust_bill_event.cgi failed Parameter XSS
- SA26963: Freeside "failed" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Freeside Internet Services Freeside 1.7.2
Sep 25, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.