JSPWiki version information disclosure
|jspwiki-version-information-disclosure (36768)||Low Risk|
JSPWiki could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to an uploaded attachment file using an invalid version parameter to cause an error message to be returned containing the full installation path. An attacker could use this information to launch further attacks against the affected system.
Upgrade to the latest version of JSPWiki (2.4.104, 2.5.139-b, or later), available from the JSPWiki Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Sep 24 2007 - 19:42:40 CDT: JSPWiki Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- JSPWiki Web site: JSPWiki: Main.
- BID-25803: JSPWiki Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-5119: JSPWiki 2.4.103 and 2.5.139-beta allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information (full path) via an invalid integer in the version parameter to the default URI under attach/Main/.
- OSVDB ID: 40658: JSPWiki attach/Main/ Default URI version Variable Path Disclosure
- SA26961: JSPWiki Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Dan Johnsson JSPWiki prior to 2.4.104
- Dan Johnsson JSPWiki prior to 2.5.139-b
Sep 24, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.