SimpGB .htaccess files information disclosure
|simpgb-htaccess-information-disclosure (36777)||Low Risk|
SimpGB could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. The dbtables.inc script sets improper permissions for .htaccess files. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain unauthorized access to the files and obtain a user's database password and other sensitive information.
Upgrade to the latest version of SimpGB (1.47 or later), available from the SimpGB Web site. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue Sep 25 2007 - 11:29:27 CDT: SimpGB version 1.46.02 File Content Disclosure Vulnerability.
- SimpGB Web site: SimpGB - Script.
- CVE-2007-5129: SimpGB 1.46.02 stores sensitive information under the web root with insufficient access control, which allows remote attackers to (1) obtain sensitive configuration information via a direct request for admin/cfginfo.php; and (2) download arbitrary .inc files via a direct request, as demonstrated by admin/includes/dbtables.inc.
- OSVDB ID: 40612: SimpGB admin/includes/dbtables.inc Direct Request Information Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 40613: SimpGB admin/cfginfo.php Configuration Information Disclosure
- SA26974: SimpGB Cross-Site Scripting and Information Disclosure
- Bosch IT SimpGB 1.46.02
Sep 25, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.