TorrentTrader Classic Edition css.php and browse.php cross-site scripting
|torrenttrader-css-browse-xss (37005)||Medium Risk|
TorrentTrader Classic Edition is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the css.php script using the color parameter and the browse.php script using the cat parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Oct 07 2007 - 20:08:50 CDT : TorrentTrader Classic Mutiple Remote vulnerabilities.
- TorrentTrader Web site: TorrentTrader Classic Edition.
- BID-25962: TorrentTrader Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-5312: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in TorrentTrader Classic 1.07 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) color parameter to pjirc/css.php and the (2) cat parameter to browse.php.
- OSVDB ID: 37653: TorrentTrader pjirc/css.php color Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 37654: TorrentTrader browse.php cat Parameter XSS
- SA27109: TorrentTrader Cross-Site Scripting and Local File Inclusion
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3451: TorrentTrader Cross Site Scripting and Local File Inclusion Vulnerabilities
- TorrentTrader TorrentTrader 1.07 Classic
Oct 08, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.