NETGEAR ProSafe SSL VPN Concentrator 25 Web interface cross-site scripting
|netgear-prosafe-interface-xss (37216)||Medium Risk|
NETGEAR ProSafe SSL VPN Concentrator 25 is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by /cgi-bin/welcome/XYZ. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the err parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of June 1, 2013.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Sat Oct 13 2007 - 16:20:55 CDT: Netgear SSL312 XSS vulnerability.
- NETGEAR Web site: PROSAFEż SSL VPN CONCENTRATOR 25.
- BID-26073: NETGEAR SSL312 PROSAFE SSL VPN-Concentrator 25 Error Page Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-5562: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in cgi-bin/welcome (aka the login page) in Netgear SSL312 PROSAFE SSL VPN-Concentrator 25 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the err parameter in the context of an error page.
- OSVDB ID: 37918: NETGEAR SSL312 /cgi-bin/welcome/ err Parameter XSS
- SA27238: Netgear SSL312 "err" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1018817: NETGEAR ProSafe SSL VPN Concentrator Input Validation Hole Permits Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3542: Netgear SSL312 err Parameter Processing Cross Site Scripting Issue
- NETGEAR ProSafe SSL VPN Concentrator 25 SSL312
Oct 13, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.