Upload module for Drupal cross-site scripting
|drupal-uploadmodule-xss (37274)||Medium Risk|
Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of files with .html extensions by the upload module. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-2007-026 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information..
- DRUPAL-SA-2007-026: Drupal Core - Cross site scripting via uploads.
- BID-26119: Drupal Prior To 4.7.8 and 5.3 Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-5596: The core Upload module in Drupal 4.7.x before 4.7.8 and 5.x before 5.3 places the .html extension on a whitelist, which allows remote attackers to conduct cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks by uploading .html files.
- OSVDB ID: 39635: Drupal Upload Module HTML Upload XSS
- SA27292: Drupal Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA27293: vbDrupal Multiple Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3546: Drupal Cross Site Scripting and Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- Drupal Drupal 4.7.x prior to 4.7.8
- Drupal Drupal 5.x prior to 5.3
Oct 17, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.