IBM Lotus Domino LotusScript information disclosure
|domino-lotusscript-information-disclosure (37369)||Low Risk|
IBM Lotus Domino could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. When the Evaluate LotusScript method is combined with certain @ formula commands to design views and agents, normally restricted results are returned. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information.
Refer to IBM Technote (FAQ) 1273266 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Technote (FAQ) 1273266: Evaluate LotusScript method returns unexpected results.
- BID-26176: IBM Lotus Domino Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities and Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-5700: The Evaluate LotusScript method in IBM Lotus Domino before 7.0.3 uses an incorrect security context for @ formula commands in some circumstances, which might allow remote authenticated users to gain privileges and obtain sensitive information.
- OSVDB ID: 40951: IBM Lotus Domino Evaluate LotusScript Method @ Formula Command Remote Privilege Escalation
- SA27321: IBM Lotus Domino Multiple Vulnerabilities
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.6
- IBM Lotus Domino 7.0
- IBM Lotus Domino 7.0.2
- IBM Lotus Domino 8.0
- IBM OS 400
Oct 23, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.