IBM Lotus Domino Certificate Authority (CA) password disclosure
|domino-ca-password-disclosure (37372)||Low Risk|
IBM Lotus Domino could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by an error when using the Domino CA (Certificate Authority) process commands on the server console. An attacker could use the uppercase characters with the CA "activate" or "unlock" commands to display the passwords in clear text. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain the password and other sensitive information.
Refer to IBM Technote (FAQ) 1261095 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Technote (FAQ) 1261095 : Potential security issue with Domino Certificate Authority (CA) process commands.
- BID-26176: IBM Lotus Domino Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities and Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-5701: Incomplete blacklist vulnerability in the Certificate Authority (CA) in IBM Lotus Domino before 7.0.3 allows local users, or attackers with physical access, to obtain sensitive information (passwords) when an administrator enters a ca activate or ca unlock command with any uppercase character, which bypasses a blacklist designed to suppress password logging, resulting in cleartext password disclosure in the console log and Admin panel.
- OSVDB ID: 40952: IBM Lotus Domino Certificate Authority (CA) Local Cleartext Password Disclosure
- SA27321: IBM Lotus Domino Multiple Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3598: IBM Lotus Domino Buffer Overflow and Information Disclosure Issues
- IBM i5OS
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.0
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5
- IBM Lotus Domino 7.0
Oct 23, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this