Novell Swamp login page cross-site scripting
|novell-swamp-login-xss (37399)||Medium Risk|
Novell OpenSUSE Workflow Administration and Management Platform is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the login page. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the login box to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of June 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Oct 23 2007 - 19:02:01 CDT : Novell OpenSUSE SWAMP multiple XSS.
- SWAMP Web site: SWAMP - Workflow Administration and Management Platform.
- BID-26198: SWAMP Login Pages Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-5702: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in swamp/action/LoginActions (aka the login box) in the Novell OpenSUSE SWAMP Workflow Administration and Management Platform 1.x allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the username parameter. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 38203: SWAMP swamp/action/LoginActions username Parameter XSS
- SA27390: SWAMP "username" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Novell OpenSUSE SWAMP Workflow Administration Management
Oct 23, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this