Grandstream HandyTone-488 PSTN-to-VoIP adapter SIP INVITE denial of service
|grandstream-adapter-sip-invite-dos (37411)||Medium Risk|
Grandstream HandyTone-488 PSTN-to-VoIP adapter is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a buffer overflow error in the SIP parser implementation. By sending a specially-crafted SIP INVITE message, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and cause the adapter to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- Grandstream Web site: Grandstream HandyTone-488 PSTN-to-VoIP adapter.
- VIPER-2007-057: Grandstream HandyTone-488 PSTN-to-VoIP adapter is vulnerable to buffer overflow.
- BID-26155: Flatnuke3 File Manager Module Unauthorized Access Vulnerability
- BID-26201: Grandstream HandyTone-488 PSTN To VoIP Adapter Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-5788: Buffer overflow in the SIP parser on the Grandstream HT-488 0.1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (device crash) via a crafted SIP INVITE message.
- OSVDB ID: 40187: Grandstream HandyTone HT-488 SIP INVITE Message Handling Remote Overflow
- SA27401: Grandstream HandyTone HT488 Multiple Denial of Service
- Grandstream Grandstream HT-488 phone adapter 0.1
Oct 24, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.