RealNetworks RealPlayer RAM/RA file buffer overflow
|realplayer-ram-bo (37437)||High Risk|
RealNetworks RealPlayer and RealOne Player are vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking of RAM and RA files. By persuading a victim to open a malformed RAM or RA file containing an overly long RA header, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Refer to the RealNetworks Customer Support - Real Security Updates Web page for upgrade information. See References.
- RealNetworks Customer Support - Real Security Updates Web page: RealNetworks, Inc. Releases Update to Address Security Vulnerabilities..
- ZDI-07-063: RealPlayer RA Field Size File Processing Heap Oveflow Vulnerability.
- BID-26214: RealNetworks RealPlayer File Parsing Routines Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-2264: Heap-based buffer overflow in RealNetworks RealPlayer 8, 10, 10.1, and possibly 10.5; RealOne Player 1 and 2; and RealPlayer Enterprise allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a RAM (.ra or .ram) file with a large size value in the RA header.
- RHSA-2007-0841: Critical: RealPlayer security update
- SA27361: RealPlayer/RealOne/HelixPlayer Multiple Buffer Overflows
- SECTRACK ID: 1018866: RealPlayer Buffer Overflows in Processing MP3, RM, SWF, RAM, and PLS Files Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3628: RealNetworks Products Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Real RealONE Player 1
- Real RealONE Player 2
- Real RealONE Player
- Real RealPlayer 10.0
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_188.8.131.520
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_184.108.40.2068
- Real RealPlayer 10.5_build_220.127.116.118
- Real RealPlayer 8
- Real RealPlayer Enterprise
- Real RealPlayer for Linux 10.0.5
- Real RealPlayer for Linux 10.0.6
- Real RealPlayer for Linux 10.0.7
- Real RealPlayer for Linux 10.0.8
- Real RealPlayer for Mac OS X 10.1_build_10.0.0.396
- Real RealPlayer for Mac OS X 10.1_build_10.0.0.412
- Real RealPlayer for Mac OS X 10.1_build_10.0.0.481
- Real RealPlayer for Mac OS X 10_build_10.0.0.305
- Real RealPlayer for Mac OS X 10_build_10.0.0.331
- Real RealPlayer for Mac OS X 10_build_10.0.0.352
- RedHat RHEL Desktop Supplementary 5 Client
- RedHat RHEL Extras 3
- RedHat RHEL Extras 4
Oct 25, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.