EDraw Flowchart EDImage.ocx ActiveX control file overwrite
|edraw-flowchart-edimage-file-overwrite (38223)||High Risk|
The EDraw Office Viewer Component ActiveX control (EDImage.ocx) could allow a remote attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web site that passes a specially-crafted argument to the HttpDownloadFile() method, an attacker could download malicious files to the victim's system which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system with the victim's privileges.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Any Draw Web site: Flow Diagrams Software.
- BID-26308: EDraw Flowchart ActiveX Control Arbitrary File Overwrite Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-5826: Absolute path traversal vulnerability in the EDraw Flowchart ActiveX control in EDImage.ocx 2.0.2005.1104 allows remote attackers to create or overwrite arbitrary files with arbitrary contents via a full pathname in the second argument to the HttpDownloadFile method, a different product than CVE-2007-4420.
- OSVDB ID: 38415: EDraw Flowchart EDIMAGE.EDImageCtrl ActiveX (EDImage.ocx) HttpDownloadFile() Method Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SA27462: EDraw Flowchart ActiveX Control EDImage Control Insecure Method
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3710: EDraw Flowchart ActiveX HttpDownloadFile() File Download Vulnerability
- Any Draw Software EDraw Flowchart ActiveX Control 2.0.2005.1104
Nov 02, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.