Scribe forum.php new username PHP code execution
|scribe-username-code-execution (38227)||Medium Risk|
Scribe could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the forum.php script when registering a new user. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted username parameter to inject and execute arbitrary PHP code on the system.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Nov 01 2007 - 17:14:59 CDT : Scribe <= 2.0 Remote PHP Code Execution.
- SourceForge.net: Scribe - Forum.
- BID-26302: Scribe Forum.PHP Remote PHP Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-5822: Direct static code injection vulnerability in forum.php in Ben Ng Scribe 0.2 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary PHP code into a certain file in regged/ via the username parameter in a Register action, possibly related to the register function in forumfunctions.php.
- OSVDB ID: 45287: Scribe forum.php Register Action username Variable Arbitrary PHP Code Execution
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3746: Scribe username Parameter Remote Command Injection Vulnerability
- Scribe Scribe 0.2 and prior
Nov 02, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.