OrangeHRM reDirect() security bypass
|orangehrm-redirect-security-bypass (38245)||Medium Risk|
OrangeHRM could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by an error in which the reDirect() fails to validate user privileges. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and gain unauthorized access to the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of OrangeHRM (2.2.2 or later), available from SourceForge.net: Files. See References.
- SourceForge.net: Files: OrangeHRM - Human Resource Management - File Release Notes and Changelog - Release Name: 2.2.2.
- BID-26351: OrangeHRM REDIRECT Function Remote Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-5931: The reDirect function in lib/controllers/RepViewController.php in OrangeHRM before 2.2.2 does not verify the privileges of a user, which allows remote attackers to obtain access to data via unspecified vectors. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 45295: OrangeHRM lib/controllers/RepViewController.php reDirect Function Unspecified Data Access
- OrangeHRM OrangeHRM prior to 2.2.2
Oct 30, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.