IBM Informix Dynamic Server SQ_ONASSIST denial of service
|ibm-ids-sqonassist-dos (38296)||Medium Risk|
IBM Informix Dynamic Server is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by an unspecified error when sending SQ_ONASSIST requests. A remote attacker from within the local network could exploit this vulnerability to crash the application on Windows-based systems.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of IBM Informix Dynamic Server (10.00.xC7W1 or later), available from the IBM Support & downloads Web site. See References.
- IBM Support & downloads: Fix list for Informix Dynamic Server 10.00.xC7W1.
- BID-26363: IBM Informix Dynamic Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-5957: Unspecified vulnerability in IBM Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) 10.00.TC3TL and 11.10.TB4TL on Windows allows attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via unspecified SQ_ONASSIST requests.
- OSVDB ID: 41621: IBM Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) on Windows Unspecified SQ_ONASSIST Request Remote DoS
- SA27542: IBM Informix Dynamic Server Directory Traversal and Denial of Service
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3757: IBM Informix Dynamic Server Directory Traversal and DoS Vulnerabilities
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server 10.0
Nov 06, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this