AOL Radio AmpX ActiveX control buffer overflow
|aol-radio-ampx-bo (38397)||High Risk|
The AOL Radio AmpX ActiveX control (AmpX.dll) is vulnerable to multiple stack-based buffer overflows. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes malformed arguments to unspecified methods, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim or cause the victim's browser to crash.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (unagi_patch.exe), available from the AOL Web site. See References.
Note: AIM and other AOL software users will automatically receive a prompt for this update, therefore no manual update is required.
- AOL Web site: AOL Radio Download.
- iDefense Labs PUBLIC ADVISORY: 11.09.07: AOL AmpX ActiveX Control Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities.
- BID-26396: AOL Radio AmpX.DLL ActiveX Control Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-5755: Multiple stack-based buffer overflows in the AOL AmpX ActiveX control in AmpX.dll 18.104.22.168 in AOL Radio allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via long arguments to unspecified methods.
- OSVDB ID: 38705: AOL Radio AmpX ActiveX (AmpX.dll) Unspecified Method Multiple Overflows
- SA27622: AOL Radio AmpX ActiveX Control Multiple Buffer Overflows
- SECTRACK ID: 1018929: AOL Radio Buffer Overflow in AmpX ActiveX Control Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- VUPEN/ADV-2007-3822: AOL Radio AmpX ActiveX Control Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- AOL AOL Radio AmpX ActiveX Control 22.214.171.124
Nov 09, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.