phpMyAdmin db_create.php cross-site scripting
|phpmyadmin-dbcreate-xss (38404)||Medium Risk|
Upgrade to the latest version of phpMyAdmin (126.96.36.199 or later), available from the phpMyAdmin Web site. See References.
- phpMyAdmin security announcement PMASA-2007-7: XSS vulnerabilities.
- phpMyAdmin Web site: phpMyAdmin.
- The DigiTrust Group Advisory #071108a: phpMyAdmin "db_create.php" persistent cross-site scripting vulnerability.
- BID-26512: phpMyAdmin DB_Create.PHP Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-5977: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in db_create.php in phpMyAdmin before 188.8.131.52 allows remote authenticated users with CREATE DATABASE privileges to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a hex-encoded IMG element in the db parameter in a POST request, a different vulnerability than CVE-2006-6942.
- GLSA-200903-32: phpMyAdmin: Multiple vulnerabilities
- MDKSA-2007:229: Updated phpMyAdmin packages fix multiple vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 38714: phpMyAdmin db_create.php db Parameter XSS
- SA27630: phpMyAdmin Database Name SQL Injection and Script Insertion
- Gentoo Linux
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 4.0
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 4.0 X86_64
- phpMyAdmin phpMyAdmin prior to 184.108.40.206
Nov 09, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.