BtiTracker usercp.php cross-site scripting
|btitracker-usercp-xss (38414)||Medium Risk|
BtiTracker is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the usercp.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the "to" parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of BtiTracker (1.4.5 or later), available from the SourceForge.net: Files. See References.
- SourceForge.net: Files: BtiTracker - File Release Notes and Changelog - Release Name: BtiTracker 1.4.5.
- BID-26551: BtiTracker Multiple Input Validation and Authentication Bypass Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-5985: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in BtiTracker before 1.4.5 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors to (1) account.php, (2) moresmiles.php, or (3) recover.php; or (4) the to parameter to usercp.php.
- OSVDB ID: 38751: BtiTracker account.php Unspecified Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 38752: BtiTracker moresmiles.php Unspecified Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 38753: BtiTracker recover.php Unspecified Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 38754: BtiTracker usercp.php to Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 42219: BtiTracker moresmiles.php XSS
- OSVDB ID: 42220: BtitTracker recover.php XSS
- OSVDB ID: 42221: BtitTracker account.php XSS
- OSVDB ID: 42222: BtitTracker usercp.php to Parameter XSS
- SA27550: BtitTracker Multiple Vulnerabilities
- MKPortal BtiTracker 1.4.4 and prior
Nov 07, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.