BtiTracker details.php security bypass
|btitracker-details-security-bypass (38416)||Medium Risk|
BtiTracker could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the improper restricting by the details.php script. When torrent viewing is disabled, a remote attacker familiar with the torrent ID could send a direct request to bypass security restrictions and view and modify torrent details.
Upgrade to the latest version of BtiTracker (1.4.5 or later), available from the SourceForge.net: Files. See References.
- SourceForge.net: Files: BtiTracker - File Release Notes and Changelog - Release Name: BtiTracker 1.4.5.
- BID-26551: BtiTracker Multiple Input Validation and Authentication Bypass Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-5987: details.php in BtiTracker before 1.4.5, when torrent viewing is disabled for guests, allows remote attackers to bypass protection mechanisms via a direct request, as demonstrated by (1) reading the details of an arbitrary torrent and (2) modifying a torrent owned by a guest.
- OSVDB ID: 42217: BtiTracker details.php Unauthenticated Arbitrary User Torrent Manipulation
- SA27550: BtitTracker Multiple Vulnerabilities
- MKPortal BtiTracker 1.4.4 and prior
Nov 07, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.