WebEx GPCContainer ActiveX Control denial of service
|webex-gpccontainer-dos (38445)||Medium Risk|
The WebEx GPCContainer ActiveX Control (GpcContainer.GpcContainer.1) is vulnerable to a denial of service caused by a memory access violation in the InitParam() and SetParam() functions. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the victim's browser to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of WebEx (WBS26 SP49 or later), available from the Cisco WebEx Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Nov 13 16:50:33 GMT 2007 : WebEx GPCContainer Memory Access Violation.
- Cisco WebEx Web site: Security Update.
- BID-26430: WebEx GPCContainer Memory Access Violation Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-6005: Unspecified vulnerability in the GpcContainer.GpcContainer.1 ActiveX control in WebEx allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory access violation and crash) via (1) an invalid argument to the InitParam method or (2) an unspecified vector involving the SetParam method.
- OSVDB ID: 45294: WebEx GpcContainer.GpcContainer.1 ActiveX Multiple Method Unspecified DoS
- Cisco WebEx GPCContainer ActiveX Control
Nov 13, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.