LIVE555 Media Server parseRTSPRequestString() denial of service
|live555-rtsp-dos (38542)||Medium Risk|
LIVE555 Media Server is vulnerable to a denial of service attack, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the parseRTSPRequestString() function. A remote attacker could send a small RTSP query to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of LIVE555 Media Server (2007.11.18 or later), available from the LIVE555 Web site. See References.
- LIVE555 Web site: LIVE555 Media Server.
- Luigi Auriemma Advisory 18 Nov 2007: Crash in LIVE555 Media Server 2007.11.01.
- BID-26488: LIVE555 Media Server ParseRTSPRequestString Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-6036: The parseRTSPRequestString function in LIVE555 Media Server 2007.11.01 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) via a short RTSP query, which causes a negative number to be used during memory allocation.
- GLSA-200803-22: LIVE555 Media Server: Denial of Service
- OSVDB ID: 39489: LIVE555 Media Server parseRTSPRequestString() RTSP Query Remote DoS
- SA27711: LIVE555 Media Server "parseRTSPRequestString()" Denial of Service
- Gentoo Linux
- Live Networks LIVE555 Media Server 2007.11.01
Nov 18, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.