Citrix NetScaler Web management interface information disclosure
|netscaler-webmanagement-info-disclosure (38646)||Low Risk|
Citrix NetScaler could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. The Web management interface stores user credentials within a cookie using weak encryption. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a known-plaintext attack to capture a cookie and obtain cleartext credentials and other sensitive information.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Nov 25 2007 - 20:06:03 CST : Citrix NetScaler Web Management Cookie Weakness.
- Citrix Systems Web site: Citrix.
- CVE-2007-6192: The web management interface in Citrix NetScaler 8.0 build 47.8 uses weak encryption (XOR of unpadded data) to store credentials within a cookie, which makes it easier for remote attackers to obtain cleartext credentials when a cookie is captured via a known-plaintext attack.
- OSVDB ID: 44156: Citrix NetScaler Web Management Interface Cookie Credentials Encryption Weakness
- SECTRACK ID: 1018991: Citrix NetScaler Cookie Weakness May Let Users Access Arbitrary Accounts
- Citrix NetScaler 8.0_build_47.8
Nov 25, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.