APC Switched Rack PDU unspecified security bypass
|apcpdu-unspecified-security-bypass (38783)||Medium Risk|
An unspecified error in APC Switched Rack PDUs (Power Distribution Units) could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using unknown attack vectors and gain unauthorized access to the system to control the distribution of power to the computer equipment.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Nov 29 2007 - 08:41:38 CST: APC Management Vulnerability.
- BID-26636: APC Switched Rack PDU Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-6226: The American Power Conversion (APC) AP7932 0u 30amp Switched Rack Power Distribution Unit (PDU), with rpdu 3.5.5 and aos 3.5.6, allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and obtain login access by making a login attempt while a different client is logged in, and then resubmitting the login attempt once the other client exits.
- OSVDB ID: 44154: APC Switched Rack PDU Race Condition Remote Authentication Bypass
- SECTRACK ID: 1019018: APC Switched Rack Power Distribution Units Grant Limited Access to Remote Users
- APC OAS 3.5.6
- APC Rack Power Distribution Unit 3.5.5
Nov 29, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.