JFreeChart Image Map cross-site scripting
|jfreechart-imagemap-xss (38922)||Medium Risk|
JFreeChart is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied image maps. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the chart name, chart tool tip text, and the href, shape, and coords attribute for a chart area to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of JFreeChart (1.0.8a or later), available from the JFree Web site. See References.
- JFree Web site: JFree.
- Rapid7 Advisory R7-0031: JFreeChart Image Map Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities.
- SourceForge.net Repository - [jfreechart]: Diff of /branches/jfreechart-1.0.8-security/NEWS.
- ASA-2008-141: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform security update (RHSA-2008-0158)
- BID-26752: JFreeChart Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-6306: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the image map feature in JFreeChart 1.0.8 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) chart name or (2) chart tool tip text; or the (3) href, (4) shape, or (5) coords attribute of a chart area.
- OSVDB ID: 41843: JFreeChart Image Map Feature Chart Name XSS
- OSVDB ID: 41844: JFreeChart Image Map Feature Chart Tool Tip Text XSS
- OSVDB ID: 41845: JFreeChart Image Map Feature Chart Area Multiple Parameter XSS
- RHSA-2008-0151: Moderate: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 4.2.0CP02 security update
- RHSA-2008-0158: Moderate: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform security update
- RHSA-2008-0213: Moderate: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 4.2.0CP02 security update
- RHSA-2008-0261: Moderate: Red Hat Network Satellite Server security update
- RHSA-2008-0524: Low: Red Hat Network Satellite Server security update
- RHSA-2008-0630: Low: Red Hat Network Satellite Server security update
- SA27959: JFreeChart Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- JFree JFreeChart 1.0.8
- RedHat Application Stack v1 for EL AS 4
- RedHat Application Stack v1 for EL ES 4
- RedHat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 4.2.0 EL5
- RedHat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 4.2.0 EL4
- RedHat Network Satellite Server 4.2
- RedHat Network Satellite Server 5.0
- RedHat Network Satellite Server 5.1
- RedHat RHEL Application Stack 2
Dec 06, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.