PunBB Automatic Image Upload with Thumbnails module uploadimg.php file upload
|punbb-uploadimg-file-upload (39150)||Medium Risk|
The PunBB Automatic Image Upload with Thumbnails module could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files, caused by improper validation of file extensions by the uploadimg.php script. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP request with a forged MIME type header, a remote attacker could upload a malicious file, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system or inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed, in order to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- FortConsult Web site: punBB imgUpload extension.
- PunBB Web site: PunBB.
- BID-26925: Automatic Image Upload with Thumbnails for PunBB 'uploadimg.php' Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-6527: uploadimg.php in the Automatic Image Upload with Thumbnails (imgUpload) module 1.3.2 for PunBB only verifies the Content-type field of uploaded files, which allows remote attackers to upload and execute arbitrary content via a file with a (1) JPG, (2) GIF, or (3) PNG MIME type.
- OSVDB ID: 42809: Automatic Image Upload with Thumbnails (imgUpload) Module for PunBB uploadimg.php Crafted MIME Type Unrestricted File Upload
- SA28138: PunBB Automatic Image Upload with Thumbnails Module File Upload
- PunBB PunBB 1.3.3
Dec 18, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.