Opera Web browser bitmaps information disclosure
|opera-bitmaps-information-disclosure (39163)||Low Risk|
Opera Web browser could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by an unspecified error when processing bitmaps. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to display random memory data and other sensitive information.
Upgrade to the latest version of Opera (9.25 or later), available from the Opera Web site. See References.
- Opera Software Knowledge Base Article 875: Advisory: Rich editing allows cross domain scripting.
- Opera Web site: Changelog for Opera 9.25 for Windows.
- BID-26937: Opera Web Browser Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- GLSA-200712-22: Opera: Multiple vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 42691: Opera BMP File Handling Arbitrary Memory Disclosure
- SA28169: Opera Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1019131: Opera Bugs Permit Code Execution and Cross-Domain Scripting Attacks
- SECTRACK ID: 1019435: Opera BMP Handling Bug Lets Remote Users Access Portions of Kernel Memory
- SUSE-SA:2008:001: Opera 9.25 security update
- Gentoo Linux
- Novell OpenSUSE 10.2
- Novell OpenSUSE 10.3
- Opera Opera Browser prior to 9.25
- SuSE SuSE SLES 9
Dec 19, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.