Pragmatic Utopia PU Arcade component for Joomla! index.php SQL injection
|puarcade-index-sql-injection (39332)||Medium Risk|
The Pragmatic Utopia PU Arcade component for Joomla! is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the index.php script using the fid parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability (puarcade-c35e7a19a4487e6ea2f77f1680b1aabf.txt), available from the Pragmatic Utopia Web site. See References.
- Joomla! Web site: Joomla Component PU Arcade.
- Pragmatic Utopia Web site: Pragmatic Utopia - Re:Important: Security Update Available - Pragmatic Utopia.
- BID-27089: Pragmatic Utopia PU Arcade 'fid' parameter SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-6663: SQL injection vulnerability in (1) Puarcade.php and (2) PUarcade.html.php in Pragmatic Utopia PU Arcade (com_puarcade) 2.0.3, 2.1.2, and 2.1.3 Beta component for Joomla! allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the fid parameter to index.php.
- OSVDB ID: 39787: PU Arcade Component for Joomla index.php fid Parameter SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 39886: Pragmatic Utopia PU Arcade index.php fid Parameter SQL Injection
- SA28295: Joomla PU Arcade Component "fid" SQL Injection Vulnerability
- Joomla! Pragmatic Utopia PU Arcade 2.0.3
- Joomla! Pragmatic Utopia PU Arcade 2.1.3 Beta
Dec 31, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.