FortressSSH sshd.exe denial of service
|fortressssh-sshd-dos (39354)||Medium Risk|
FortressSSH is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a string handling exception error in sshd.exe. By establishing multiple concurrent terminated SSH sessions, a remote attacker could prevent additional users from logging on until the system generated error messages are cleared.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- Luigi Auriemma Advisories, 02 Jan 2008: Denial of Service in Pragma FortressSSH 220.127.116.113.
- Pragma Systems Web site: Pragma Systems.
- BID-27141: Pragma Systems FortressSSH 'msvcrt.dll' Exception Handling Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-0132: Pragma FortressSSH 5.0 Build 4 Revision 293 and earlier handles long input to sshd.exe by creating an error-message window and waiting for the administrator to click in this window before terminating the sshd.exe process, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (connection slot exhaustion) via a flood of SSH connections with long data objects, as demonstrated by (1) a long list of keys and (2) a long username.
- OSVDB ID: 43278: FortressSSH sshd.exe Data Object Handling Remote DoS
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Pragma Systems FortressSSH 5.0 build 4 rev. 293
Jan 02, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.