JustSystems JSFC.DLL buffer overflow
|justsystems-jsfc-bo (39501)||High Risk|
Multiple JustSystems products are vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the JSFC.DLL library. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted JTD file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Refer to the JUSTSYSTEMS Web site for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Fourteenfourty Research Institute Web site: FFRRA-20080107.
- Just Systems Web site: Just System Products common buffer overflow vulnerability.
- BID-27153: JustSystems Multiple Products 'JSFC.DLL' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-0223: Buffer overflow in JustSystems JSFC.DLL, as used in multiple JustSystems products such as Ichitaro, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted .JTD file.
- OSVDB ID: 40208: JustSystems Ichitaro JSFC.DLL Crafted JTD File Arbitrary Remote Code Execution
- SA28275: JustSystem Products JSFC.DLL Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1019168: Ichitaro Buffer Overflow in Processing jtd Files Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- JustSystems Ichitaro 10.x
- JustSystems Ichitaro 11.x
- JustSystems Ichitaro 12.x
- JustSystems Ichitaro 13.x
- JustSystems Ichitaro 2004
- JustSystems Ichitaro 2005
- JustSystems Ichitaro 2006
- JustSystems Ichitaro 2007
- JustSystems Ichitaro 9.x
- JustSystems Ichitaro for Linux
- JustSystems Ichitaro Lite2
- JustSystems Ichitaro viewer 4.x
Jan 07, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.