Linksys WRT54GL apply.cgi cross-site request forgery
|linksys-apply-csrf (39502)||Medium Risk|
Linksys WRT54GL router is vulnerable to a cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the apply.cgi script. By persuading a victim with administrative privileges to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could bypass authentication using various parameters and cause the victim to change the configuration settings and possibly perform other arbitrary administrative tasks. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning and other malicious activities.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jan 07 2008 - 03:40:52 CST: Linksys WRT54 GL - Session riding (CSRF).
- Linksys Web site: The Linksys WRT54GL router.
- CVE-2008-0228: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in apply.cgi in the Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G Broadband Router with firmware 4.30.9 allows remote attackers to perform actions as administrators.
- OSVDB ID: 40105: Cisco Linksys WRT54GL apply.cgi CSRF
- SA28364: Linksys WRT54GL Cross-Site Request Forgery
- Linksys WRT54GL 4.30.9
Jan 07, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.