SynCE vdccm daemon command execution
|synce-vdccm-command-execution (39506)||High Risk|
SynCE could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by improper validation of input by the Utils::runScripts function in src/utils.cpp in the vdccm daemon. By sending a specially-crafted request in a string to TCP port 5679, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to inject and execute arbitrary shell commands on the victim's system.
Upgrade to the latest version of SynCE (0.10.1 or later), available from SourceForge.net. See References.
- CORE-2007-1106: SynCE Remote Command Injection.
- SourceForge.net: SynCE.
- BID-27178: SynCE 'vdccm' Daemon Remote Command Injection Vulnerability
- BID-28141: SynCE 'vdccm' Daemon Remote Unspecified Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-1136: The Utils::runScripts function in src/utils.cpp in vdccm 0.92 through 0.10.0 in SynCE (SynCE-dccm) allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in a certain string to TCP port 5679.
- OSVDB ID: 43074: SynCE vdccm src/utils.cpp Utils::runScripts Function Remote Command Execution
- SA29228: SynCE vdccm Denial of Service and Command Injection
- SynCE SynCE 0.92
Jan 08, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.