HelpBox writepwdenduser.asp SQL injection
|helpbox-writepwdenduser-sql-injection (39538)||Medium Risk|
HelpBox is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote authenticated attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the writepwdenduser.asp script using the oldpassword parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Upgrade to the latest version of HelpBox (4.0 or later), available from the Layton Technology Web site. See References.
- Layton Technology Web site: Layton Technology.
- Secunia Research 08/01/2008: Layton HelpBox Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- BID-27187: HelpBox Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-5402: Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in Layton HelpBox 3.7.1 allow (1) remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the sys_request_id parameter to editrequestenduser.asp; and allow remote authenticated users to execute arbitrary SQL commands via (2) the oldpassword parameter to writepwdenduser.asp, and the sys_request_id parameter to (3) changerequeststatus.asp, (4) editrequestuser.asp, (5) requestcommentsuser.asp, and (6) useractions.asp, different vectors than CVE-2004-2551.
- SA27699: Layton HelpBox Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Layton Technology HelpBox 3.7.1
Jan 08, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.