Drupal theme .tpl.php cross-site scripting
|drupal-theme-xss (39605)||Medium Risk|
Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input to theme .tpl.php files. If register_globals is enabled and .htaccess fails to run, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using unspecified parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to SA-2008-007 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- DRUPAL-SA-2008-007: Drupal core - Cross site scripting (register_globals).
- BID-27238: Drupal Prior To 4.7.11 and 5.6 Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-0274: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Drupal 4.7.x and 5.x, when certain .htaccess protections are disabled, allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via crafted links involving theme .tpl.php files.
- OSVDB ID: 42165: Drupal Theme .tpl.php File XSS
- SA28422: Drupal Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA28486: vbDrupal Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Drupal Drupal 4.7.11
- Drupal Drupal 5.6
Jan 10, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this