Member Area System view_func.php file include
|mas-viewfunc-file-include (39611)||Medium Risk|
Member Area System could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. If Register_Globals and Allow URL Fopen are enabled, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the view_func.php script using the "i" parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of Member Area System (2.0 or later), available from the Mansion Productions Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jan 11 2008 - 05:12:20 CST : Member Area System (MAS) Remote File Include Vulnerability (view_func.php).
- Mansion Productions Web site: Member Area System (MAS).
- BID-27244: Members Area System 'view_func.php' Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-0289: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in view_func.php in Member Area System (MAS) 1.7 and possibly others allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the i parameter. NOTE: a second vector might exist via the l parameter. NOTE: as of 20080118, the vendor has disputed the set of affected versions, stating that the issue is already fixed
- OSVDB ID: 40326: Member Area System (MAS) view_func.php i Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- Mansion Productions Member Area System (MAS) MAS
Jan 11, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.