Mambo search component denial of service
|mambo-search-dos (39613)||Medium Risk|
An unspecified vulnerability in Mambo related to the search component and module could allow a remote attacker to cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Mambo (4.6.x or 4.5.5 or later), available from Mambo CSM Forum Mambo Announcements/Mambo Security, 01-10-2008, 05:29 AM. See References.
- Mambo CSM Forum Mambo Announcements/Mambo Security, 01-10-2008, 05:29 AM: Security Alert - please read!.
- BID-27239: Mambo Search Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-0261: Unspecified vulnerability in the search component and module in Mambo 4.5.x and 4.6.x allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (query flood) via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 40219: Search Component for Mambo Unspecified Remote DoS
- SA28392: Mambo Search Denial of Service
- Mambo Mambo 4.5.x
- Mambo Mambo 4.6.x
Jan 11, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this