BUEditor module for Drupal cross-site request forgery
|drupal-bueditor-csrf (39614)||Medium Risk|
The BUEditor module for Drupal is vulnerable to a cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to cause the victim to delete custom editor interfaces and possibly perform other arbitrary tasks. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning and other malicious activities.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-2008-003 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- DRUPAL-SA-2008-003: BUEditor - CSRF.
- CVE-2008-0271: The editor deletion form in BUEditor 4.7.x before 4.7.x-1.0 and 5.x before 5.x-1.1, a module for Drupal, does not follow Drupal's Forms API submission model, which allows remote attackers to conduct cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks and delete custom editor interfaces.
- OSVDB ID: 40192: Drupal BUEditor Module Editor Deletion Form CSRF
- SA28418: Drupal BUEditor Module Cross-Site Request Forgery
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-0128: BUEditor Module for Drupal Cross Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- Drupal BUEditor module for Drupal 4.7.x prior to 4.7.x-1.0
- Drupal BUEditor module for Drupal 5.x prior to 5.x-1.1
Jan 10, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.