aggregator module for Drupal cross-site request forgery
|drupal-aggregator-csrf (39617)||Medium Risk|
The aggregator module for Drupal is vulnerable to a cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP GET request to cause the victim to remove items from a specific feed and possibly perform other arbitrary tasks. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning and other malicious activities.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-2008-005 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- DRUPAL-SA-2008-005: Drupal core - Cross site request forgery.
- BID-27238: Drupal Prior To 4.7.11 and 5.6 Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-0272: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in the aggregator module in Drupal 4.7.x before 4.7.11 and 5.x before 5.6 allows remote attackers to delete items from a feed as privileged users.
- OSVDB ID: 42163: Drupal Aggregator Module CSRF Feed Item Deletion
- SA28422: Drupal Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA28486: vbDrupal Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Drupal aggregator module for Drupal 4.7.x prior to4.7.11
- Drupal aggregator module for Drupal 5.x prior to 5.6
Jan 10, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.