DVRHOST Web CMS OCX PdvrOcx Class ActiveX control buffer overflow
|dvrhost-pdvrocx-bo (39640)||High Risk|
The DVRHOST Web CMS OCX PdvrAtl.PdvrOcx.1 ActiveX control (PDVRATL.DLL) is vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the TimeSpanFormat() method. By persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web page that passes an overly long argument to the TimeSpanFormat() method, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of the victim or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- DVR STATION Web site: DVRHOST Web CMS OCX.
- BID-27267: DVRHOST PDVRATL.DLL ActiveX Control Heap Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2008-4547: Heap-based buffer overflow in the PdvrAtl.PdvrOcx.1 ActiveX control (pdvratl.dll) in DVRHOST Web CMS OCX 22.214.171.124 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long second argument to the TimeSpanFormat method.
- OSVDB ID: 40881: DVRHOST Web CMS OCX PdvrAtl.PdvrOcx ActiveX (PDVRATL.DLL) TimeSpanFormat() Method Overflow
- SA28443: DVRHOST Web CMS OCX PdvrOcx Class ActiveX Control Buffer Overflow
- VUPEN/ADV-2008-0132: DVR WEB CMS OCX TimeSpanFormat() Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- DVRHOST DVRHOST Web CMS OCX 126.96.36.199
Jan 13, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.