FreeSeat cron.php security bypass
|freeseat-cron-security-bypass (39648)||Medium Risk|
FreeSeat could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by an error in the cron.php script. If the format.php script has been modified, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability and bypass security restrictions to login into the application as an administrator.
Upgrade to the latest version of FreeSeat (1.1.5d or later), available from SourceForge.net: Files. See References.
- SourceForge.net: Files: FreeSeat - File Release Notes and Changelog - Release Name: 1.1.5d.
- CVE-2008-0293: Unspecified vulnerability in cron.php in FreeSeat before 1.1.5d, when format.php has certain modifications, allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and gain privileges via unspecified vectors related to the show_foot function.
- OSVDB ID: 40244: FreeSeat cron.php Administrator Bypass
- SA28459: FreeSeat Seat Locking Security Bypass Vulnerability
- FreeSeat FreeSeat prior to 1.1.5d
Jan 13, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this