BugTracker.NET new bug cross-site scripting
|bugtrackernet-bug-xss (39650)||Medium Risk|
BugTracker.NET is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input when filing a new bug. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using various form fields to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the malicious bug is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of BugTracker.NET (2.7.2 or later), available from SourceForge.net: Files. See References.
- SourceForge.net: Files: BugTracker.NET - File Release Notes and Changelog - Release Name: BugTracker.NET 2.7.2.
- BID-27275: BugTracker.NET New Bug Report Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-0335: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in BugTracker.NET before 2.7.2 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via an arbitrary custom text field.
- OSVDB ID: 41654: BugTracker.NET Custom Text Field XSS
- SA28481: BugTracker.NET Script Insertion and Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerabilities
- BugTracker.NET BugTracker.NET prior to 2.7.2
Jan 12, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.