Macrovision FLEXnet Connect DownloadManager ActiveX control file overwrite
|macrovision-flexnet-file-overwrite (39653)||Medium Risk|
The Macrovision FLEXnet Connect DownloadManager ActiveX controls (ISDM.exe and isusweb.dll) could allow a remote attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the AddFile() and RunScheduledJobs() methods to download and overwrite arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- FLEXnet Connect Web site: FLEXnet Connect - Support Software Updates - Macrovision.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:16:43 +0000: Macrovision FlexNet Connect DownloadManager Insecure Methods.
- BID-27279: Macrovision FLEXnet Connect ActiveX Control Multiple Arbitrary File Download Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-4587: Insecure method vulnerability in the MSVNClientDownloadManager61Lib.DownloadManager.1 ActiveX control (ISDM.exe 18.104.22.168372) in Macrovision FLEXnet Connect 6.1 allows remote attackers to force the download and execution of arbitrary files via the AddFile and RunScheduledJobs methods. NOTE: this could be leveraged for code execution by uploading executable files to Startup folders.
- OSVDB ID: 41874: Macrovision FLEXnet Connect MSVNClientDownloadManager61Lib.DownloadManager ActiveX (ISDM.exe) Multiple Method Arbitrary File Download
- SA28496: Macrovision FLEXnet Connect ActiveX Controls Insecure Methods
- Macrovision FLEXnet Connect 22.214.171.124372
Jan 14, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.