MyBB moderation.php SQL injection
|mybb-moderationphp-sql-injection (39728)||Medium Risk|
MyBB is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the moderation.php script using the do_mergeposts, allreports, or do_multimovethreads parameters which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Upgrade to the latest version of MyBB (1.2.11 or later), available from the MyBB Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Jan 16 2008 - 14:19:44 CST : [waraxe-2008-SA#062] - Multiple Sql Injections in MyBB 1.2.10.
- MyBB Web site: MyBB.
- BID-27323: MyBB 'moderation.php' Multiple SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2008-0383: Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in MyBB 1.2.10 and earlier allow remote moderators and administrators to execute arbitrary SQL commands via (1) the mergepost parameter in a do_mergeposts action, (2) rid parameter in an allreports action, or (3) threads parameter in a do_multimovethreads action to (a) moderation.php; or (4) gid parameter to (b) admin/usergroups.php.
- SA28509: MyBB PHP Code Execution and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- MyBB MyBB 1.2.10
Jan 16, 2008
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.